Financial education starts at home! We’re proud to offer the PeerFinance101 Personal Finance Scholarship to college students
One of our key messages here at PeerFinance101 is that financial education and good money habits start at home. We want to thank parents that have made personal finance a part of their children’s education and congratulate students for taking the time to start their financial journey.
That’s why we’re proud to offer an annual scholarship of $500 to new and current college students. Submissions will be accepted starting in January of each year with a winner selected by September.
How to Apply for the PeerFinance101 Personal Finance Scholarship
Applicants must submit a 500+ word essay about what your parents taught you about personal finance. Topics can include budgeting, investing, saving money, paying bills, making money or anything your parents taught you about money.
- Essays must be your own work and not submitted to any other website.
- Applicants must be either currently enrolled in or actively applying to an undergraduate or graduate-level program. Students at both community colleges and four-year institutions are encouraged to apply.
- Essays must be received by August 1st, 2017
- Applications should be mailed to email@example.com and include name, address and phone number. Please include “scholarship” in the email subject line.
- Applications must state the school the student is attending or planning on attending.
Essays will be posted on the blog through August to highlight the best ways to teach financial education to young adults. The scholarship winner will be selected on September 15th by the article receiving the most social media “buzz” the winning essay generates, as determined by social shares.
About the Personal Finance Scholarship
A college degree is a great start but is no guarantee that you’ll reach your financial goals in life. I have met people with graduate degrees that struggled with their money because they were never taught good personal finance choices. Schools don’t even teach how to balance a checking account anymore. Good financial habits must start at home and we want to reward families for making money management a priority. Not only can your essay help you pay for college but it will help teach readers smart ways to budget, invest, save and make money.
Don’t forget, we’re running this scholarship every year so be sure to get your essay in before this year’s 2017 deadline.